Friday, August 15, 2008

Feeling Inspired


So I was feeling inspired yesterday. First, I saw pics of Brittany's kids on Facebook making cookies. I felt guilty that I never want to go through the trouble to let my kids help in the kitchen. Secondly, I was inspired by my neighbor, Clare, with 5 very over-ripe bananas. So, we made banana bread yesterday. And, it is getting easier to enjoy them in the kitchen now. And, I love the ability to use the time for a math and cooking lesson...not to mention a sharing lesson (i.e. we need to share the licking of the bowl and the beaters).

On a side note, it was also very pleasurable for me. I've been trying to do South Beach diet while Ryan has been gone the last two weeks. I have been moderately successful (while needing to modify a bit for my own good - I just can't get used to eggs and meat only in the morning). I've eaten A LOT of salads and lean meat again and a whole bunch of lowfat cheese. I definitely feel better. And, doing this with my kids reminded me just how much I do love to cook and even bake sometimes. The main purpose for me doing SB was to remind myself to think about what I'm eating again. Not just shove things in my mouth because they are in front of me. If it's got a few extra calories, is it worth it? So, now I can say that the cheese sticks at Sonic are not worth the extra calories, but another meal at Dough would be.

J

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com