Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to School Shopping


It's amazing the difference a year can make. In just a year, my girl went from being a timid almost kindergartner to an experienced almost first grader. She seems so much more mature now. Over the past year, she has discovered Hannah Montana (heaven help me), really started to style her own hair and completely owned her style. She really has her own opinions about what looks good and she will occasionally take suggestions from me. I really have to bite my tongue about some of her outfits. But, I figure it's just part of figuring out who she is. I mean, come on, I'm her mom. My style is very personal to me, so I should be proud that she's already figuring that out.

So yesterday, we finalized our back-to-school shopping. Up until now, everything has come from Target or Old Navy. Since she no longer grows quite as quickly, I told her she could have a couple of outfits from Gap. And, I let her pick everything out (while I retained final veto power). When we got home yesterday, she performed not one, but two fashion shows. And today, this is what she's wearing.

Love my girl.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I stopped telling my daughter what to wear when she was about 3. It stopped a whole lot of needless arguments. We had 2 rules, clean and weather appropriate. As she got older the rules changed to clean and modest - my defination of modest. Must have worked as she is a fashion stylest for Nordstrom! She is in charge of the whole first floor of the San Antonio Nordstrom.

Your blog is so cute. I work with your mom.

AfterGirl

 
Template by suckmylolly.com