Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana


So I went to lunch with my dear friend Britt today to celebrate my birthday. She suggested we go to this new pizza place called Dough. After she explained the concept of fancy pizza, I was game. I arrived at the strip mall location to the cute little restaurant with no idea how superb my meal would be.

We started with the Burrata Caprese. I was familiar with a Caprese salad. Usually comprised of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, I was unprepared for what was to come. Apparently, burrata is a very special kind of cheese. I found this on Wikipedia.

Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese, made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella while the inside contains both mozzarella and cream, giving it a unique soft texture.

It really is as good as it sounds. The burrata cheese was surrounded by fresh tomatoes treated with a yummy balsamic reduction that tasted like it had some roasted garlic in it. We were both in heaven.

Now, you can't go to "Dough" and not get pizza. So Britt and I got the prociutto, mozzerella, arugula and truffle oil pizza. Seriously, you're kidding me, right? This was insane. A pure feast for all 5 scences. The creaminess of cheese, the saltiness of the prociutto, the bitterness of the arugula all complimented by the earthiness of the truffle oil. Seriously, insane.

We finished the feast with lemon sorbet that tasted like a frozen sweet lemon.

If you're in the San Antonio area. This place is awesome. If you don't, we'll go when you come visit. :)

Now that I've made you hungry, go get something to eat.

J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am daydreaming about it. RIDICULOUS!

Love you, dear friend!

Lindsey said...

That sounds soooo great! It makes me thing of "The Yard House" on my b-day what feels like 100 years ago. (really, it was only 5!) I wish we lived closer! Glad to see you are all doing so well!
--Linds

 
Template by suckmylolly.com