Monday, August 11, 2008

Doris Day


So, last night as I was trying to force myself to sleep (doesn't happen quite as easily when Ryan is out of town), I started cruising through the channels and found my self a Doris Day movie. I remembered that my mom told me there was a marathon on TCM yesterday.

This was about midnight, and I new I should just turn it off. But, almost immediately, I got caught up in Teacher's Pet. I've seen this one before, but as with any DD movie, I love it. There is just something so great about her movies. She was all at once, proper and sophisticated, in the best possible ways. After watching last night, it makes me want to wear my pearls and pencil skirt. Love that fashion!

So, I don't know how many of you have ever watched this kind of movie. My mom made sure to introduce them to me when I was kid. I remember many Friday nights watch old musicals with my mom (and loving it). Thanks Mom!

In case you've never enjoyed one of these lovelys, here's a short list of some of my faves from that time period:

  • That Touch of Mink (Doris Day)
  • Pillow Talk (Doris Day)
  • Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn)
  • Funny Face (Audrey Hepburn)
  • An Affair to Remember (Carey Grant and Deborah Kerr)
  • An American in Paris (Gene Kelley - yowsah!)
If you've never had the pleasure of seeing any of these, I urge you to.

Have a good day. J

2 comments:

Amy said...

The last two are a couple of my favorites too!

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome - although I am sure I did not teach you to say yowsah!

Mom

 
Template by suckmylolly.com