Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A study in boy's feet...




The pics above are a before and after, if you will.

As an ode to the Pioneer Woman, this post is about keepin' it real.

So, I'm out with the fam on Saturday, just killin time. We decide to go to the exchange (the military "mall"). As I often do, I go to check out the kids shoes, always looking for a good deal. Aiden took a particular interest in the Sketchers. I try to leave the section (without shoes) and he practically begs me to get a pair. I had been thinking it was time for new sneakers, so I give in.

We find the next size up - size 10 - from his current sneakers - size 9. Those don't seem to have the amount of growing room I'd like. My brilliant mother suggests we measure his feet. She takes him off and comes back to inform me that his feet now measure 11.5.

So, now it makes since why he's been wearing his sneakers sans socks.

Before I get reported to Child Protective Services, he did have other shoes to wear. I just never made the connection that his monkey feet had grown so much.

He is now a very happy boy and is convinced that he is much quicker with his new shoes on. Who am I to refute that?

J

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com