Monday, June 23, 2008

VBS 2008

Well, another year has passed for VBS. This has been my third year to volunteer, and subsequently the third year for my kids as well. For those of you not familiar with the inner working of VBS, a typical may look like this: morning assembly (singing, dancing, stories and jokes), games, Bible story time, crafts and theater time (where they always watch a story about a disturbing chipmunk named Chadder) ending the day with final assembly. The day lasts from 9a to noon.

I think this was the best year for all of us.

This was Evie's first year to be in the elementary production - and quite a production it is. For the first year, Aiden enjoyed himself. And this was the first year for Sadie to participate. I love sneaking peeks at them throughout the day - especially when they're dancing. It seems you can learn a lot about your child when they don't know they're being watched.

I learned that Evie is good at being part of the crowd. She's the kind of kid that really gets the most out of a big event like this. I learned that Aiden really needs that one-on-one reasoning time. He also has a big heart for those who are willing to be firm with him. And, my Sadie, she only confirmed what I already knew. She just wants to be held and loved on periodically through the day. It didn't even matter who it was.

It is the sweetest time to see how God speaks to each child differently and how He growing a faith in each of them.

I'll try and post some pics a little later.

Jen

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such an incredible Mom! I love you.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com